- This event has passed.
Cairncross Waste Facility School Holidays Tour – Morning Session
What happens to your waste?
Join us on a free school holiday tour of Cairncross Waste facility to learn more about how waste is managed in our region.
Scheduled during the school holiday, this tour is designed for families to jump on board a free guided bus tour that will take you around the site to see the various facilities and processes on the premises. Then step into our education space, adjoining the materials recovery facility (MRF), for a presentation, interactive games and a fun quiz. You’ll hear about landfill management, organic and material recovery, and have a chance to pose your questions too.
Note: Children must be a minimum of 6 years of age to join this tour. All children must be accompanied by a parent or carer aged 18 years and over. Parents and carers are responsible for managing the behaviour and safety of accompanying children.
8:45am Check in and depart from outside Players Theatre (33 Lord St, Port Macquarie)
9:15am Second pick up outside chemist, Sovereign Hills (15 Chancellors Dr, Thrumster)
9:30am Bus tour of Cairncross Facility with expert guide
10:00am Waste presentation
10:45am Q& A
11:05am Bus departs Cairncross
Please Note: Cairncross Waste Facility is a work site. We advise wearing covered, comfortable shoes. No food or drink is supplied so please feel free to bring along your own drinks and any snacks you might require.
By registering for our free tour, you understand and agree to the following:
- Buses will depart promptly, according to schedule and will therefore not be able to accommodate late arrival
- Visitors must have good mobility for climbing stairs and walking within the grounds
- Appropriate clothing and closed in footwear is required
- Adequate sun protection such as a hat and sunscreen, and insect protection is recommended
- While onsite at any operational facility, you must stay with the tour facilitator or other designated Port Macquarie-Hastings Council staff member at all times
- Port Macquarie-Hastings Council reserves the right to:
- cancel a booked tour. If this is necessary, we will do all that is reasonable to provide as much notice as possible
- ask individuals or groups to leave the site immediately if any action or behaviour is deemed unsafe.
- Visitors are asked to strictly follow the onsite safety rules
- Visitors must refrain from touching any machinery or equipment – there are physical and chemical hazards within the plant
- Smoking is not permitted on site at our operational facilities
Limited to 20 places. Bookings are essential.
Upon booking your spot, you will receive a confirmation email with these details for your records. You will then receive a reminder email, including all essential information, 24hours before your tour .
Didn’t receive your email?
Please check your junk / spam folder first – sometimes our confirmation emails slip into there.
If you are still experiencing difficulties or have any queries, please contact our Education team via email@example.com or call on 02 6581 8111.