- This event has passed.
Water Facilities School Holiday Tour: After the Drain
Join us on a free school holiday tour of Port Macquarie Wastewater and Recycled Water Treatment Plants to learn about what happens to our precious water after it goes down the drain.
During this free tour, we’ll take you behind locked gates and into an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of our Wastewater Treatment plant so you can see what happens to your water after you use it, before moving onto our state-of-the-art Recycled (formally “Reclaimed”) Water Treatment Plant to learn how we’re caring for our environment and working towards improved water security.
Note: Children must be a minimum of 8 years of age to join this tour.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or carer aged 18 years and
over. Parents and carers are responsible for managing the behaviour and
safety of accompanying children.
The tour itinerary:
- 1:30 pm – Meet out the front of the Players Theatre, Port Macquarie
- 1:40 pm – Tour departs
- 1:50 pm – Tour of Port Macquarie Wastewater Treatment Plant
- 2:40 pm – Tour of Recycled Water Plant
- 3:30 pm – Bus returns to Players Theatre, Port Macquarie and tour ends
Please note: There is no food or drink provided as part of this tour. Participants are asked to ensure they bring adequate drinking water along.
This tour includes a significant amount of walking and includes using stairs to climb one level.
By registering for our free tour, you understand and agree to the following:
- Buses will depart promptly, according to schedule and will therefore not be able to accommodate late arrival
- Visitors must have good mobility for climbing stairs and walking within the grounds
- Appropriate clothing and closed in footwear is required
- Adequate sun protection such as a hat and sunscreen, and insect protection is recommended
- While onsite at any operational facility, you must stay with the tour facilitator or other designated Port Macquarie-Hastings Council staff member at all times
- Port Macquarie-Hastings Council reserves the right to:
- cancel a booked tour. If this is necessary, we will do all that is reasonable to provide as much notice as possible
- ask individuals or groups to leave the site immediately if any action or behaviour is deemed unsafe.
- Visitors are asked to strictly follow the onsite safety rules
- Visitors must refrain from touching any machinery or equipment – there are physical and chemical hazards within the plant
- Smoking is not permitted on site at our operational facilities
Limited to 20 places. Bookings are essential.
Upon booking your spot, you will receive a confirmation email with these details for your records.