- This event has passed.
Water Facilities Tour: From Catchment to Tap (Feb 2024)
Join us on a free tour of Cowarra Dam and Wauchope Water Treatment Plant.
During this free tour, you’ll have the opportunity to explore our beautiful Cowarra Dam picnic area and artworks, take a guided walk along the dam wall and out to the tower (usually closed to the public), and travel to the Wauchope Water Treatment Plant to learn more about how water moves from our catchment to your tap.
Children must be a minimum of 6 years of age to join this tour. All children must be accompanied by a parent or carer aged 18 years and over. Parents and carers are responsible for managing the behaviour and safety of accompanying children.
Limited to 20 places. Bookings are essential.
Upon booking your spot, you will receive a confirmation email with these details for your record
The tour itinerary:
- 8:30 am – Meet out the front of Players Theatre, Port Macquarie
- 8:40 am – Bus tour departs Port Macquarie
- 9:00 am – Pick up outside chemist, Sovereign Hills Shopping centre
- 9:10 am – Bus departs Sovereign Hills
- 9:30 am – Tour of Wauchope Treatment Plant
- 11:00 am – Tour of Cowarra Dam
- 12:15 am – Drop off at Sovereign Hills
- 12:30 pm – Drop off at Player Theatre, Port Macquarie where tour ends
- There is no drinking water available at Cowarra Dam. Participants are asked to ensure they bring adequate drinking water along.
- This tour includes a significant amount of walking and includes using stairs to climb one level.
Tour Terms and ConditionsBy registering for our free tour, you understand and agree to the following:
- Buses will depart promptly, according to schedule and will therefore not be able to accommodate late arrival
- Visitors must have good mobility for climbing stairs and walking within the grounds
- Appropriate clothing and closed in footwear is required
- Adequate sun protection such as a hat and sunscreen, and insect protection is recommended
- While onsite at any operational facility, you must stay with the tour facilitator or other designated Port Macquarie-Hastings Council staff member at all times
- Port Macquarie-Hastings Council reserves the right to:
- cancel a booked tour. If this is necessary, we will do all that is reasonable to provide as much notice as possible
- ask individuals or groups to leave the site immediately if any action or behaviour is deemed unsafe.
- Visitors are asked to strictly follow the onsite safety rules
- Visitors must refrain from touching any machinery or equipment – there are physical and chemical hazards within the plant
- Smoking is not permitted on site at our operational facilities