Midwaste Regional Waste Forum presents
The Lunch Makers Program
A FREE program to reduce food waste in your school or preschool
Free teacher-led food waste program
Explore ways to reduce food waste in your school/preschool by joining
The Lunch Makers program in 2024.
The Lunch Makers program will empower students to be more involved in preparing and making their own lunch, aiming to reduce food left over or thrown away. Students’ new skills will be celebrated with a ‘Pack Your Own Lunch Day’ during the Term.
Why join the Lunch Makers Program?
- Lead the way by trialling an innovative sustainability action
- Help families save thousands of dollars every year and make the most of the food they buy
- Educate and engage students, staff and your community to have a positive impact on the environment
- Reduce your waste by cutting the amount of food that ends up in your school/preschool bins
- You’ll receive a Lunch Makers Resource Pack with everything you need – program content for school/preschool newsletters, emails and apps, social media tiles and posts
- Complete a short, sharp food waste photo audit with your students
- Run the Lunch Makers program during the Term using the resource pack for communicating weekly with your parent community and in-class/ preschool learning resources
- Run a ‘Make your own Lunch Day’ in weeks 9 or 10!
- Option to host a fun FREE Scraps to Soil Composting Workshop (with FREE equipment) workshop at your school/preschool (for one class or staff).
For more information contact Wendy Grant from MidWaste Regional Waste Forum:
0422 151 402 | firstname.lastname@example.org